Przejdź do głównej treści

Widok zawartości stron Widok zawartości stron

Pomiń baner

Widok zawartości stron Widok zawartości stron

Widok zawartości stron Widok zawartości stron


Academic year in JU starts on the 1 October and ends on 30 September. It consists of two semesters:

Winter semester: from 1 October 2023 to 25 February 2024

Summer semester: from 26 February to 30 September 2024

There are two examination sessions, one at the end of each semester. They last for two weeks.

each examination session also has a resit period.

First break of the year is Christmas Break 23 December 2023 to 8 January 2024

Winter break 12 February to 18 February 2024 - including examination and resit sessions, period where classes are not taught spans almost a month

Easter break 28 March to 2 April 2024

Summer vacation 1 July to 30 September 2024 including resit exam period

Detailed schedules for the current and upcoming academic years may be foud here:

Academic schedule - International Students - Jagiellonian University (

If your stay exceeds more than 3 months you are obliged to register your stay:

To register your stay, you need to file an application together with a set of required documents with the provincial office (Małopolski Urząd Wojewódzki).

If you are not a EU / EFTA citizen, you only have 4 working days to submit the application, following your arrival in Poland.

You may find more information about the procedures here:

If you are a citizen of of the EU or Schengen member states, you may cross the Polish border on the basis of a valid travel document (passport or identity card).

If you are citizen of other countries than member states of the EU or EFTA, you may cross the external border of the EU (including Polish border) with a valid travel document, travel medical insurance, justification of purpose and conditions of your intended stay and prove that you have sufficient means for the planned stay and for the return journey, and, if it is required—a visa.

 List of visa-free countries is available here:

If you need of a visa, there are two types of visas:

Schengen visa - type C, valid for 90 days of entry into the Schengen area over the period of six months;


a long-stay Polish national visa - type D, valid for no longer than a year.

Visa application procedures must be completed in your country of origin well before you come to Poland. You should allow at least several months for the Polish embassy to process your application. Once you are admitted to the JU, we will issue a letter confirming your admission, enrollment letter and if needed payment (tuition fee) certificate -  which can be presented at the embassy for visa purposes.

You may apply for a place in a student dormitory according to general rules:

An online application should be submitted in USOSweb (

After log-in in USOSweb just click:

Students section > Common section > Applications > Dormitory application (freshman-year foreigners only, not from MC).

There are six dormitories at the JU, and although prices vary, they do not exceed 400 PLN per month

For more information about procedures of application and accommodation availability, please contact International Students Office:

Private accommodation

You may rent private a room or an apartment

Housing market in Kraków is very vary and offers a lot of living options. You can share a room with a roommates, prices depending on the location and the apartment standard, but that may be much higher than university’s accommodation. There are many websites—Facebook groups, student forums—where you can find dozens of offers published by other students looking for roommates.

If you are a EU / EFTA citizen, and you have the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), you are entitled to receive free health care services. Please be sure to show your card upon your visit at the doctor’s office.

If you don’t have the EHIC, or you are from outside of EU / EFTA, you should either purchase health insurance before arrival, or enroll in the Polish National Health Fund (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia)

When you purchase the NFZ insurance, you become eligible for health care services in Poland.

Holders of Polish Charter can be insured free of charge in the NFZ by the University.

For advice about health care during your studies, please contact International Student Office

If you want to learn Polish while studying in Poland you may enroll into courses held at our School of Polish Language and Culture, intensive or less intensive in their curricula.

Full offer here:

If you want to learn other languages for example: German, French, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Russian, Norwegian and other you may enroll into courses held at our JCJ – Jagiellonian Language Center

Full offer courses other languages:

USOS - University Study-Oriented System is a student management information system where you can find your data, schedule, curses, grades, payments, news in academic life, where you can register for courses, apply for dormitory  and many more.

Access to USOS is possible only after logging in.

You should have ID and password, assigned by your faculty’s student office during enrolment process.

To log in into the system you have to enter your ID and password

As the ID you can use your email address in UJ domain ( or ID number (ID  

If you have technical problem contact with the administrator of USOSweb

Contact emial address

The main JU library—the Jagiellonian Library—is one of the biggest research libraries in Poland.

As a JU student, you may access the reading rooms in this library and check out book from a good portion of the collection.

To use the library, you need to register at the main building – you need your student ID card and your national ID card or passport.

Address: al. Mickiewicza 22 - entrance from Oleandry St.,  30-059 Kraków

Additionally, JU Institutes and Faculties also have their smaller libraries, whose collections are tailored to the areas in which they teach and carry out research.

Library of the Faculty Management and Social Communication JU

is located in our building at Campus – on ground floor.

To register you have to send email including student ID number – barcode to